The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBBP) provides households with a discount of up to $50 a month off of a household's internet bill. Eligible households can also get a one-time discount of $100 toward the purchase of a laptop, tablet or desktop computer through participating providers.
The program’s enrollment began on May 12 for qualifying households. A household qualifies if the household’s income is at or less than 135 percent of federal poverty guidelines. A household can also qualify if at least one member:
- Participates in a federal benefits program, such as Medicaid, SNAP, or Lifeline
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program,
- Lost a job or a significant amount of income in the past year,
- Received a Federal Pell Grant, or
- Is part of an internet service provider’s low-income or COVID-19 program.